Tuesday, 1 June 2010

June update (2010)

This project has been stalled for a while, because:
Once I had got as far as running the Fedora ARM port in Qemu, I realised how rusty my coding skill were.

I also realised that although I enjoyed playing around with hardware, it is unlikely that I have the required ability now that Dual in Line (DIL) packages have disappeared and been replaced with surface mount devices that I can barely see let alone solder.

As a result of the above realisation, I will probably start playing with the Android OS for PC, and maybe buy a pre-built development board later.
Another option might be to buy and Android based phone and use that instead of a development board, as is demonstrated in this IBM guide:-
here

Download and install instructions for Android
here

Read is Android the 'top' Linux 
here

No comments:

Post a Comment