Monday, 18 March 2013

ownCloud on a Raspberry Pi

Nick's Projects: ownCloud on a Raspberry Pi

This is a project that I have wanted to do for quite a while now. I finally got a free day this previous weekend, so I thought I would dedicate a little time to playing with the Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi, for those not in the know, is a $35 ARM powered computer that is about the size of an Altoids Tin. I only had a day for my project and decided that setting up ownCloud would be interesting. ownCloud is an alternative to many different cloud services, such as file storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, etc.), calendars (Google Calendar, etc.), music player (Google Music), personal picture viewer (Picasa, flickr,etc), and others. It has quite a few interesting features and is very actively developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment